Castra – ZM Syrup
A strong calcium supplement with a difference
Calcium carbonate, magnesium Hydroxide, zinc Gluconate, vitamin D3 200 IU
It is a strong calcium supplement for building up the bones & for the treatment of the bone related problems. It is a complete dietary supplement for the pregnant women to fulfill their calcium requirements.
Calcium Carbonate 625 mg (equivalent to elemental calcium) + Magnesium Hydroxide 180 mg (eq. to elemental magnesium75 mg) + Zinc Gluconate + 14 mg (Eq. to zinc 2 mg) + Vitamin D3 200 IU
Calcium carbonate (elemental)
- Calcium plays a very important role in the body. It is necessary for normal functioning of nerves, cells, muscle, and bone. If there is not enough calcium in the blood, then the body will take calcium from bones, thereby weakening bones.
- It may be used to treat conditions caused by low calcium levels such as bone loss (osteoporosis), weak bones (osteomalacia /rickets), decreased activity of the parathyroid gland (hyperparathyroidism), and a certain muscle disease (latent tetany).
- It may also be used in certain patients to make sure they are getting enough calcium (e.g., women who are pregnant, nursing, or postmenopausal, people taking certain medications such as phenytoin, phenobarbital, or prednisone
- Magnesium plays a part in more than 300 reactions in the body. Magnesium is necessary to synthesize proteins, DNA and RNA.
- It plays a role in the metabolism, and cells use magnesium to transport calcium and potassium ions across the cell walls.
- Healthy magnesium levels are the key to nerve function, muscle contraction, heartbeat, and healthy bones.
- Zinc is an important trace mineral that people need to stay healthy. This element is second only to iron in its concentration in the body.
- Zinc is found in cells throughout the body. It is needed for the body's defensive (immune) system to properly work. It plays a role in cell division, cell growth, wound healing, and the breakdown of carbohydrates.
- Childhood the body needs zinc to grow and develop properly.
- Vitamin D helps your body absorb calcium and phosphorus. Having the right amounts of vitamin D, calcium, and phosphorus is important for building and keeping strong bones
- Latent tetany
- Calcium homeostasis